Thursday, January 26, 2006

THOUGHTS:
working on my first novel again has brought a wave of memories back to me. it's a fiction piece that i finished years ago about the very first friends i had in my life who meant a lot to me. i finished it in 2001, sent it off to get critiqued and was very disappointed with it. then life got in the way, school, job, falling in love, etc. i shelved it for several years. i just didn't have that excitement and feel for it when i was writing it, at least not until this past new years eve. i was in the town my story takes place in --at the bar celebrating. when i ran into the person my book was soley based on. it was such a shock, i hadn't talked to him in years, but then there we were right at the stroke of midnight talking and drinking together and it was as if the years just melted away, and we were both 15 again causing trouble and just being best friends. i'd seen him in college before and said hi, but he had said he didn't recognize me, so i thought," well, i guess we're not friends anymore." anyway i told him about the novel and said i was writing about him and our adventures and he was actually suprised. he said, "Who am i to be written about?" just the type of thing he'd say. so i gave him the reasons as we tripped down memory lane and oh my god it was so much fun to retell old stories! so he wants to read my book, and now i'm back to writing it and this time i will finish it completely. i have the excitement back and am extremely confident it will be better than ever. we spent the next two days together drinking beer and hanging out, i despise beer but i thought, "what the heck." i'm just glad to have my old friend back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://fbknwojb.com/epdl/dqqc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://lhjiurhr.com/trva/ixwb.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://fbknwojb.com/epdl/dqqc.html | http://lhmgszng.com/duci/reei.html